What paint do you use to sustain coolant on your machine?

CNC Dude

Active User
Registered
Hi group,

It has been a while since I frequent any machine forum. Was in machining jail/hell (e.g. living in an apartment with all my goodies stored...). But I am finally coming back into the life!

Since I am about to reassemble my CNC shop, I thought of repainting the base which as you can see here, has seen way better days. Because of the coolant, the original paint job in in essence laughing at me.

Have already scrapped it all, but instead of just using conventional paint (which we all know will result in the exact same crap), what do you recommend? What have you used before which I can give a try? Preferably something I can find locally. Thanks for your input!

PCNC1100BasePaintJob.jpg

I know where Little Elm, Texas is at!

Welcome back!

Stay a while!

I know where Little Elm, Texas is at!

Welcome back!

Stay a while!
Hey, thanks for bringing up my Little Elmishness... As it turns out, I no longer live there (which is why I was living in an apartment for almost a year). Sold our house, stayed in an apartment and finally found a place where someday might be able to build a decent workshop. Anyway, I am in Melissa (very close to Little Elm, anyway). I plan on visiting this forum more often, that is for sure!

I think the paint system that brino suggested would be a good one.

Any of the paint systems out there require a respirator would be a good choice, too!

I like my Rustoleum "Smoke Gray" paint, but it is not coolant resistance at all!

I have found urethane paint to be extremely resistant to solvents. We used a spray urethane on an anodized lab robot deck to protect it from solvents and tried to strip the coating prior to stripping the anodizing, the only way that I could remove it was by scraping with a razor blade. Acetone, lacquer thinner, mineral spirits, and methylene chloride paint stripper wouldn't touch it.

Two part epoxy, the brush on type, should be fairly resistant to coolant as well.

High build zinc epoxy primer then a 2 pack epoxy top coat should be bullet proof... dulux durebuild ste Is a good product

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

High build zinc epoxy primer then a 2 pack epoxy top coat should be bullet proof... dulux durebuild ste Is a good product

International, interthane 990 is a very good product aswell, paired up with one of there steel primers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I don't know if it would do , but how about the rubberized paint they use as bed liner in truck bodies. It's tuff as iron and takes abuse.

Back