What Shaper is this one?

malmac

Registered
Registered
Hi,

Can anyone tell me anything about this model shaper?
It is apparently a 3 phase job and looks pretty damn solid.
Any information would be much appreciated.
Regards Mal
shaper_1.jpg
shaper_2.jpg
shaper_3.jpg

Thank you very much for the identification. I have not actually picked up the machine yet and only have the pictures. Seems like this machine might be ready for some TLC and I guess may be missing some bits. I go down to check it out next week so will have a better idea. Knowing it was a quality built machine means it is maybe worth the effort and expense of bringing it back to life. Thanks again for the information. Mal

Nice sized machine if you can get it for a good price.

I would say you nailed it.

Well the price is very reasonable. I have to drive a hundred miles and pick it up and bring it home. Then I guess I will have to find out what is broken, missing or needing repair. And also do a reshuffle in the workshop to fit it in somewhere. Luckily I have 3 phase power, so no troubles on that score.

Well the price is very reasonable. I have to drive a hundred miles and pick it up and bring it home. Then I guess I will have to find out what is broken, missing or needing repair. And also do a reshuffle in the workshop to fit it in somewhere. Luckily I have 3 phase power, so no troubles on that score.
If you were closer, I'd bring my trailer over... :grin:

Be ready, you will be looking for pieces to do something with, just to watch it run.

Also, beware there is a forward and reverse on shapers, Make sure the table moves on the return stroke. Also, the return stroke is faster the the cutting stroke, just easier to look for which stroke the table moves on.

Last edited:
Back