what should I pay for this Enco lathe?

How hard and expensive is it to convert/replace the motor? The ad mentions 250 volts. That seems weird. I can ask if it means 220, but is 250 a thing?

That craigslist lathe looks great for the price, and it comes with some tooling. It will be heavy. It is a FAR better deal than the one at the top of this thread.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. At that price it won't be around for long.

You're okay with a 5.5x14-inch lathe? Because that 14x36 business is metric. You could keep that Enco in a cigar box when you're not using it. It has some nice features, though.

You're okay with a 5.5x14-inch lathe? Because that 14x36 business is metric. You could keep that Enco in a cigar box when you're not using it. It has some nice features, though.

Ya know, I thought it looked small for 14" swing! Seller is non-responsive. How can you tell it's metric? And since when does anyone give the specs that way? I thought they were always given in inches.

This is pretty garbled. I think it's actually 12x?21?. If you try and look up that model in Enco it doesn't come up. And most Enco stuff can be wired 110 or 220 if it single phase which most Enco lathes that size I've seen are. $300 would be a great deal, much better than the first one as it doesn't look like it was used for wood like the first one. I don't know how many times I've seen a great deal on CL with no response. Good luck.

I don't understand... it says on the gear box " threads per inch" and there's a spray bottle sitting right next to the machine for size reference. I do believe though it's actually a 12x36.

Edit: judging by the carriage size it might be a 12x24

The craigs list lathe has a clutch, a feed screw, a lead screw and quick change gear box. Jump on it.

Back