what should I pay for this Enco mill?

Given that most of the tooling has nothing to do with the mill tells me that he picked this up at auction or looking at the background in the pictures maybe picked it up for scrap. He has no clue what he has there.

I would start at maybe $200.

Given that most of the tooling has nothing to do with the mill tells me that he picked this up at auction or looking at the background in the pictures maybe picked it up for scrap. He has no clue what he has there.

I would start at maybe $200.

I just edited the post. I just got off the phone with him. He told me he has three of these and has used it. He said he moved it from one facility to another. It's pictured in the back of a truck.

I'd love to low-ball him, especially since it's a long drive and doesn't come with ANY tooling. He did say he had a vise and collets but made it sound like those were extra.

I bought my Enco mill drill new for $1100 delivered to my door although it's a smaller version of the one pictured and it was a few years back. $2500 is way too much for that machine with no tooling. I agree with Jim, give the seller a low ball offer and see where it goes. Without seeing it and able to judge it's condition my gut is telling me this mill is worth no more than $500 to $600.

[QUOTE="TomS, post: 618562, member: 24891"]I bought my Enco mill drill new for $1100 delivered to my door although it's a smaller version of the one pictured and it was a few years back. $2500 is way too much for that machine with no tooling. I agree with Jim, give the seller a low ball offer and see where it goes. Without seeing it and able to judge it's condition my gut is telling me this mill is worth no more than $500 to $600.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. Where did you buy yours?

$1800. is a lot for that machine. Even with the limited amount of tooling that it has.
No Vise on a hold down kit and who knows the condition of the end mills.
Sight unseeen they are scrap.

I wouldn't go more then the $600 - 800 from the 1st machine you saw.

Not much for machines in my area and I paid 2500 for a Bridgeport with some collets, phase converter, vise, and clamping kit. But it depends on the area and time. For a round column bare I wouldn't have done half that.

Of course, there's been a Southbend lathe in the classifieds locally for 3000 for a year. They don't even post real pictures and won't come down. Some sellers think these things are solid gold.

I would not low ball the person. The way the ad is written, it sounds like a tar kicker and a time waster. Unfortunately, this kind of person is very common. Try not to let it waste your time. Have patience.

Back