what should I pay for this Enco mill?

Here's another one. Thoughts?
enco 105-1300 with z axis feed and DRO.jpg
Its in good shape. Some chipping of the paint from transporting it. It has a power Z feed, but it currently does not have a belt hooked up to it to make it run. It has a DRO setup, that is hooked up to the Y axis. Includes Cabinet. $950

The vise is $250 extra. If I buy the vise and mill, the seller will throw in a clamping kit.

This is the pricing rate I use, cherry 50%, run of the mill used 35%, project 10%. of new. At 10%, I've plowed 25% into parts. Of course if I could get away with paying project for cherry I would, but that hasn't happened yet. Since I've retired, that's 12 machines, 3 at auctions , 5 off CL , 2 private and 2 consignment, I'm not holding my breath on that. Basically it's 1/3 new.

I do something similar. I figure it's CL; nothing is worth more than half of what I can get it for new, especially without any warranty or returns. I use the same rule when listing. I look up what a new one costs and list it for a little more or less than half price, depending on condition. I also look to see what else is selling in my area.
I think it all depends on how bad the seller wants to sell, too.
For this mill drill, a comparable new Jet is $2,000 + tax and delivery. That's about $2,200 since I think I can get this thru Home Depot and get free delivery. A comparable new Grizzly is about $1800 delivered.
There are people listing these for $1200 and up! Some don't want/need to sell, others think they have something special.
I would also point out that people looking on CL are not willing or able to pay new prices; if they were they'd buy new! CL is for buying and selling deals, not an alternate retail marketplace.

Decision time. ARC-170 only you can decide. Go with what you think is best for you. I personally don't think that a power z is worth much on these light duty machines. A DRO and power feed on the x & y are definitely a plus as is the kurt vise. $250 for a kurt vise, not a clone, is in the ball park.

Another one to go look at.

The seller states it's a rebuilt Kurt.
Doesn't look very rebuilt to me. At most it has aftermarket jaws. My 4" Kurt cost me $100 in excellent condition. 4" is ideal for that size mill. I have a couple of 6" that haven't been used in over a year.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Go with what you think is best for you. I personally don't think that a power z is worth much on these light duty machines. A DRO and power feed on the x & y are definitely a plus as is the kurt vise. $250 for a kurt vise, not a clone, is in the ball park.

The Z downfeed is the one thing you can't add on easy. RF30's with this rarely come up. It's the one thing I wish mine had because I use my boring head a lot and it would be great to just push a button and not think about the finish by hand. It doesn't have the X feed, but it does have the DRO and stand. Just my 2c.

...nothing is worth more than half of what I can get it for new...

"Rules" like this are absurd and have no value whatsoever, other than to prevent one from actually using his head to identify a real deal. For example, if you are shopping for a clean, used milling machine, and someone has just what you're looking for, in like new condition, for 60% of new cost, your "rule" would make you pass on an excellent deal.

Back