What size spline wrench for spindle rf31?

Cadillac STS

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
What is the size of the splinewrench needed to hold the spindle while loosening the drawbar?

28mm?

Where is a source to buy one?

+1 on the 28mm Luminar wrench. Costs 20 bucks from the maker - worth every cent.

made my own also - pretty easy job on the mill........

Got mill? Make your own. I made this one for a Grizzly G0755 from 3/8" 6061.View attachment 246271
Thanks for the drawing. With all that it is a nice easy CNC project to draw up and make. Or just be able to bore the hole manually and cut the slots manually.

The Rong Fu 31 has a 28mm spline spindle

It is helpful to add what you know to threads like this because they will be stored for years and searchable. Prior to this thread answering the question with helpful info nothing came up searching for the spline wrench for the machine. Now this will and it will help people all over the web not just this site. And that drawing will be seen and used worldwide.

Thanks for the drawing. With all that it is a nice easy CNC project to draw up and make. Or just be able to bore the hole manually and cut the slots manually.

The Rong Fu 31 has a 28mm spline spindle

It is helpful to add what you know to threads like this because they will be stored for years and searchable. Prior to this thread answering the question with helpful info nothing came up searching for the spline wrench for the machine. Now this will and it will help people all over the web not just this site. And that drawing will be seen and used worldwide.

I believe that this wrench was for a 28mm spline as well. It was for a Grizzly G0755 mill. I actually made it on a manual mill with an RT but it would be a good project on a CNC mill.

Grizzly sells spline wrenches that fit my old retired RF45 style mill. I think they ones I have are two sizes. I never checked it on my RF30 though before I sold it. It also happened to fit the spindle on my Hurco KMB1, but I use an pneumatic disc brake on that.

Count the splines, measure the OD and look.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Spindle-Spline-Wrench/T26307

Tie a big yellow rope theough the unused end so it gets your attention and you are less likely to get distracted and leave it on the machine.-

As I recall that happened a few times with the G0755. It swings around and hits a stop on the motor and you quickly kill the power. The good thing about the design is that it can't come flying off. I'd worry more about the drawbar wrench.

Maybe tie the two together? For the really safety conscious, install a key switch in series with the run switch and tie the key to the wrench(es) with a short cord.

Back