What sizers power belt for PM1340

Many people have use the Gates Tri-power belts on their 1340GT and have not had any issues with vibration or wear. I ran a smaller motor pulley and my motor to 3600 RPM for years with aggressive braking and did not see belt wear or shedding. I did buy another set for another lathe and they did seemed to be stiffer (label was faded), unfortunately these were purchased through Amazon and it looked like they had been sitting on the shelf for years, so I would recommend buying the belts through a high volume dealer (Like Royal or MRO) with higher turn over. Multi-belt pulley need to be matched, so sometimes this can be an issue. Any replacement belt is better than the stock one, the notched type will do better with a smaller motor pulley.

size BX24 and size BX25

I got mine from here.

David
Reading old posts to make the best of my machines... I came across yours. Goodness! I swapped out the factory belt on my PM-1340GT Single Phase with the GATES BX25....SO VERY IMPRESSED with the cut, feel, sound (smoother, less vibe). I had no idea... By far, a great piece of information. Would love to set up 3 Phase with VFD, but it is not in the cards at the moment.

Thanks Kiwi Canuck, mksj and all who contribute good, sound advise!

Back