What Someone Else Made For Me Today

f350ca

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Planning an epic road trip next summer, to the end of the northern most road in Canada. I'll be taking the Alaska highway to Dawson City then the Dempster highway to Inuvik, then a recently built road to Tuktoyaktuk on the sunny shores of the Arctic ocean. Sunny, as in 24 hr daylight that time of year, zero daylight right now.
Google maps says my route is 15,000 km.
For the trip I ordered a new travel trailer from a company in British Columbia. They have no dealers, you order directly from the factory, they'll ship it to you or in my case pick it up there.
They have several base models then you decide the options from 3 pages of possibilities. Great company to deal with, very personable staff. They said they'd be sending photos of the build as it went through the plant. Today got an email with the start of the build.
20200203_100612.jpg

20200203_100619.jpg

I do custom cabinets from time to time and send photos of the build to the customer, thought it was neat that they do the same.

Greg

I have heard of Tuk 3 times now. first 2 times they didn't have a road connecting to anywhere.

They completed the all weather road from Inuvik two years ago. 919 km of gravel road from Dawson City. Friends hauled during the winter on the Dempster highway, said the country was incredible.

Greg

Cool! No, I mean it, that’s cool. My home stomping grounds up there — I was born in Dawson Creek and lived there until my teens. Haven’t been up further than Muncho Lake though. It’s going to be a fabulous trip, and a great trailer to go in too! :encourage:

-frank

That’s waaaay cool Greg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping to make the drive to Tuk next summer, also. This summer, we are planning to drive the full length of the Alaska Highway and down to Haines, AK.

My wife wasn't excited to be driving that far with all 4 of us cramped into my Tacoma double cab, so...

20200129_162459.jpg

I picked this up last week... its a '17 XLT with 33,000 miles. We should be a little more comfortable in it...

I would be interested in getting some information about the company that is building your camper, if you don't mind sharing.

-Bear

I moved to Arizona from Alaska and I've driven the Alcan a few times from both Washington State and Montana to Anchorage both ways. Some of the most memorable road trips I have ever taken. I never had a camper or RV but always wished I could take a month or more with one and do it again. Looks like you should have a great rig for the adventure. Have fun!

I lived in Grande Prairie and drove through Dawson Creek many times Frank. Worked in northern BC and Alberta. Drove the Alaska Highway lots but never past Fort Nelson. Cursed all the travel trailers during the summer when we were trying to get to a well site, now I can be one of them. lol

Have the same year of truck Bear only a regular cab long box. The trailer company is called Escape Trailers in Chilliwack BC.

Greg

I'm hoping to make the drive to Tuk next summer, also. This summer, we are planning to drive the full length of the Alaska Highway and down to Haines, AK.

My wife wasn't excited to be driving that far with all 4 of us cramped into my Tacoma double cab, so...

View attachment 312568

I picked this up last week... its a '17 XLT with 33,000 miles. We should be a little more comfortable in it...

I would be interested in getting some information about the company that is building your camper, if you don't mind sharing.

-Bear

Been there done that 3 different times in two different motorhomes. The first trip was in our 2001 Winnebago Adventurer as part of a caravan in 2007. Including the way up and back spent a little over 3 months on the road and covered over 12,000 miles.

Here's our 2001 Adventurer and the 2004 Jeep at the parking lot in the Wrangle St. Elias National Park. The motorhome had a little over 110,000 miles on it when we traded it in for the new one in 2013.

DSCF2831A.jpg

The second time was in 2013 with our brand new 2013 Winnebago Adventurer. We hit the road with only 1,300 miles on the odometer, and managed to put on another 10,000 before we got home. The third time was last year in the 2013 Adventurer. This time we tried to hit some more our of the way places. The trip was just shy of 11,000 miles and took slightly less than 3 months. We got home just before the labor day weekend last year and are still trying to catch up on all the things we let slide while we were gone.

Here's we're parked along the side of the road for a lunch and doggie break.

A074A.jpg

Here are the dogs that needed the break.

A161A.jpg

Last edited:
Back