What Someone Else Made For Me Today

Looking Good. I'm sure you're going to enjoy using it probably more than you currently envision it. We bought ours mainly because we were tired of paying for extended lodging for our dogs, and the horrendous vet bills after they returned home. It seemed every time we left them at a kennel somehow they would manage to come home with medical problems. There were a few times the dog lodging and vet bills were close to what we paid for our "vacation".

Now days we just all pack into the motorhome and hit the road. Between the ones we rented before we bought our first one and now we've put on close to 200,000 miles. We've been to all 49 states on the mainland and into Canada at least 5 times. We've put on more miles and seen more country than we ever planned on. My wife is an avid bird watcher, and if things work out as planned this spring we'll be heading to Nebraska to see the Crane migration.

Im sure it will get a lot of use. I've had a few trailers of varying size over the years. Almost all fibreglass. Had a 30 foot one I pulled with a diesel 1 ton, traveled with it a lot, lived in northern Alberta then, it made numerous trips through British Columbia, Arizona and California, three trips to the east coast of Canada and lots of weekend runs.
Got away from travelling when I moved back here, but a trip to Newfoundland last fall with three of us and a German Shepard got the wanderlust fuelled again. The 8 foot truck camper was a little tight though, so decided to go this route.
Have always traveled with a dog, have never put one in a kennel.

Greg

Got away from travelling when I moved back here, but a trip to Newfoundland last fall with three of us and a German Shepard got the wanderlust fuelled again. The 8 foot truck camper was a little tight though, so decided to go this route.
Have always traveled with a dog, have never put one in a kennel.

Greg
With our first dogs we always left them with my wife's parents. I think they got pampered more there than they did at home. When it came time to pick them up they weren't that eager to go home. In later years when her parents lived in Florida and started having health problems we had no choice but to put them in a kennel. We both hated it more than the dogs, but at the time it was the only option. Our current dogs have only been to "doggie day care" a couple times when other family members had health problems. Given they were there only about 12 hours, and had more attention than they get at home, they loved it. They probably wouldn't care to stay more than a few hours though.

Its just worked out well for me. Have used the dog as an excuse to not go to things. lol

Reactions: TTD
Back