[4]

What tools to buy?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

astjp2

Active User
Registered
Well, Don came out an checked the surface plate, its within 45 millionths from high to low. So it is good for a grade B. I started scraping the rough cast camelback, I hit it with a facing mill and now I need to scrape it in. Making progress slowly. Tim

straight edge.jpg

astjp2

Active User
Registered
Well I am finally making some use of the indicators, way alignment tool I made and the surface plate I bought. What sayeth the tribe?

Front way.jpg Back way.jpg Mic.jpg

astjp2

Active User
Registered
I finally made progress on one of my projects, I bought a box to mount the carbide diamond lap. Now its enclosed and all bolted together. I got the box from a freight salvage store for $12. Now I need to get a few more items for my Anderson Scraper and make a box to put my indicators in. I have an old snap-on tool box that I might use for the indicators...put them in foam and keep it portable. Tim

Lap1.jpg Lap2.jpg Lap3.jpg

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Well I am finally making some use of the indicators, way alignment tool I made and the surface plate I bought. What sayeth the tribe?

Great work sayeth this tribe member!!!:thumbzup3:

astjp2

Active User
Registered
I got a sandvik scraper and 4 boxes of carbide inserts for 150.00. Now I need to compare how it scrapes to my Anderson. I am hoping for a biax someday to save on the back. Tim

D

Deleted member 473

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Personnely, I prefer the Sandvik scrapers myself, it's all I've ever used. I have three of them and an assortment of carbide blades for them. I've got to make me a diamond lap like the above, that's a nice one!

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Nice score on the Biax!
i haven't seen one equipped like that, for less, in a long time.
you did well !!!!:D

D

Deleted member 473

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Yeah up until my wife finds out how much I paid for it....:eek:
Did you say your wife wanted a new side by side frig with the bottom freezer? In stainless steel?

astjp2

Active User
Registered
I have the oversize LG French door with bottom freezer in WHITE!

astjp2

Active User
Registered
I got the Biax and tried it out, its pretty cool compared to hand scraping. Tim

[5] [7]