what type of wire stripper do you recommend?

Ken from ontario

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I am looking for suggestions or opinions on what type of wire stripper to buy, I only intend to use this tool occasionally at home around the house/shop .

I'm considering a self adjusting type that supposedly strips the wire effortlessly and very quickly but they all get mixed reviews, some love the automatic type some like the old ones that you insert the wire in the right size cutting dies and pull manually which is what I currently have but I admit, mine is one of the cheaper ones that only cost a few bucks for the whole kit.
So I'd like to know what wire stripper you use and/or recommend?

Felo Automatic Wire Stripper

Felo wire stripping tools offer superior quality for professionals.

SKU:
F62681
UPC:
BRAND:
Felo
MPN:

I'm sure Felo brand is one of the better one just for being German made , I probable would pay something like $60 plus by the time I have it delivered.
Jim, I don't do a lot of electrical wiring but I did look at that Katapult model, the only reason I stayed away was, being a left handed user I will most likely find it frustrating to switch hands to cut,it seems to me that most of these types of wire strippers are designed for right handed users .
How about Irwin 2078300? does any of you guy ever owned or used one?

https://www.amazon.com/IRWIN-VISE-G...Wire+Stripper&qid=1563131764&s=gateway&sr=8-3
71REW-5NlgL._SL1500_.jpg

Doc, the one in my last post probably strips wire the same way ,I like the fact I don't have to search for the right hole every time .

For solid house wiring I use my pocket knife.
Stranded automotive wire a cheep multi stripper/crimper.

For solid house wiring I use my pocket knife.
Stranded automotive wire a cheep multi stripper/crimper.
I've used Exacto knife ,pocket knife, but then I know it is the wrong tool for the job although if I'm careful I usually get away with it but I my eye sight is not what it used to be and I feel it's about time to get something that I don't get hurt using.

Back