What would be a fair offer for SB 10L with no motor?

Not an undermount and it's hard to say without seeing it in person/action .

Not an undermount and it's hard to say without seeing it in person/action .
That has been toughest part of searching for a machine. I tried to check one out a few days ago and as I was headed out the owner told me someone offered 500 more than asking so he sold it…:(. Person didn’t see the machine in person.

Is not being an under mount an issue? Or is it just preference ?
More preference as I was always space limited . I would say the gearbox would be more of an issue , and I know people will disagree . I'm not starting a war over it . :grin:

More preference as I was always space limited . I would say the gearbox would be more of an issue , and I know people will disagree . I'm not starting a war over it . :grin:
Hahah. I understand. Gear box was a wish list item for me. I don’t mind changing the gears but would be nice to have.

Without a motor, you can't run it. So if the spindle has been galled, you would not know.
With a heavy paint job and not running, you can't tell if the paint is hiding a crack in the cast iron.

just adding info for your thoughts.

Does the lathe look okay? Anything you can see from photo that looks concerning ?

I wouldn't touch this one either. If you ever need parts for it, you'll probably have to make them yourself.

On the 8187 10L, someone stole the taper attachment from it.

I wouldn't touch this one either. If you ever need parts for it, you'll probably have to make them yourself.

On the 8187 10L, someone stole the taper attachment from it.
WHAT???? why do you say that. South bends are pretty ubiquitous.

I have no secrets, just searching with Searchtempest.com every day. I use a 250 mile radius figuring that works out to a full day round trip.
So I just tried Searchtempest, put in the following quick list to start with, and got essentially zero back... Am I missing something??

machine tools lathe milling grinder tooling (search list)

Back