What Would I Use These DC Power Supply Parts For?

That power supply is no big deal. Maybe keep some of it for parts? Maybe you have an isolation transformer, could use that for a mag chuck power supply?

Sadly, I think the value of that supply is close to zero. You could list it on eBay but the shipping would be prohibitive. If you find a market for it, please let me know because I have several similar analog supplies in storage.

24 V @ 20 A is a pretty beefy transformer. Mouser is asking ~$150 for just a transformer with no other parts:

... dc power supply to power robots (lots of techie/stem nerds in the Bay Area)

The box weighs a ton, and I don't see it this size supply selling at all in "completed" items of past ebay auctions.

This is a 'brute force' DC power supply, suitable for DC motors (including lots of stepper motors); it's got ratings for
about half a horsepower of output power. What sells (and ships) nowadays is somewhat lighter, cheaper, and
perhaps less reliable. It IS odd to use a half-horsepower of 24 DC motor power where AC is available, but there's
a large-ish market for truck/boat/RV appliances that would be compatible.

I'm with the sell/trade/give away camp. Too heavy to ship, though.

Might be a decent power supply for an inductive heater module.

bob

It could power motors for feeds on a mill using car window or wheelchair motors . Even make a small jib crane with a dc gear drive wheelchair or scooter motor. Lots of options if you have it.

Easy sell on E-bay ... Call it a saw mill carriage mover...used with wheelchair or scooter motors.

Easy sell on E-bay ... Call it a saw mill carriage mover...used with wheelchair or scooter motors.

Best idea yet. Lots of guys have or are making saw mills these days. Most make manual mills for the lack of inexpensive drive systems. It's a "Saw Mill carriage driver" :)

Back