What would this be worth.

I did not know there was anyone else from SA on this site. Looks like you are new, So welcome aboard.
The guy that has all of this stuff is out in the country the other side of Boerne

Ken T

oh man, that's a trek for you! How did you find out about it, if you don't mind me asking?

Just moved down here in July and getting settled in. The shop is slowly taking shape.

he had a mill listed in craigslist and went to look at it,

Ok, have a guy trying to sell off some of the stuff his grandfather left him. This first batch is to find out price for me to go by
then I will post some others that looking for price to tell him to go for. or if someone from here wants it I can give them his info, He or I might ship it.
Now for the on I'm looking at
It is a card file system full with this stuff
. View attachment 253202
A bunch of various blades
View attachment 253203
A whole bunch of Nicolson files of all diff types and sizes
View attachment 253204
All kinds of hex keys And a couple of handle looking things
View attachment 253205
A bunch of reamers, A couple of them are adjustable, and a bunch are tapers
View attachment 253206
All kinds of taps
View attachment 253207
Some dies, drills, and brace bits.
View attachment 253208
a bunch more taps and tap handles
View attachment 253209
A bunch of old cold chisles
View attachment 253210

a bunch more drill bits

View attachment 253211
a some more dies
View attachment 253212
Set of 8 Starrett pin punches
View attachment 253213
All knds of Norton stones
View attachment 253214

And a few snap ring pliers

What should This be worth for me to go after.

Ken
I would be interestedin taps dies and reamers for few bucks if in decent shape

Interested in round rusty bender depending on what it would cost to mail it.

The little shear looks like a 12" Diacro. It is probably the most valuable thing there. Properly cleaned up they sell on eBay in the $700-$900 range. As is maybe half that.

I am going back out this weekend to pick up a few items for 4gsr, And mattthemuppet2 is also going out to look at stuff. Have not had time to go through a bunch of the stuff I got yet, A lot of the Taps are Threadwells, And a lot of the reamers are L&I. Most of the stuff is in good shape and seems sharp. One was a little to sharp as it got me. I will look at the shear a little closer while there.

Tony Pisano, IF you are talking about the item in the Third pic, It is sold.

Will also see what else he has found while going through things.

A big thanks to Ken for the introduction! I ended up getting the roller, the sheet bender and a wilton baby bullet vise (still twice the weight of my 4" import) plus a box full of sockets and wrenches for a very generous price. I'm hoping to go back for a wood workers vise (one that mounts to the front of a bench) and some more bits'n'pieces soon. The small stuff has been cleaned and squared away, the bigger (!) stuff is tucked away until the summer break when i can get to work on the. I am REALLY looking forward to getting that Wilton cleaned up and on my bench.

I was really taken by the mini punch press but I can't think of anything that I'll use it for. I couldn't justify offering more than $30 or 40 for it (even then, the wife would not be pleased) but that's probably way below what it's worth. No motor (I have a couple spare) but a tray of punches/dies. Please convince me that I shouldn't get it! I imagine BGHanson would get a lot of use out of it, but he's up in Michigan.

well, my hope is that someone else who does need it will buy it, then I won't feel bad for not doing so :) Saving me from myself, so to speak!

Back