What would you make with this 2 colored rod?

Plastiblocks

Registered
Registered
Good afternoon,

We now perfected a technique of molding this 2 colored rod in machine grade ABS, so now that we have it, what would you make out of it?
We have a 3 question form on our site to gather your ideas, or just respond to this thread.

It should be a fun brain teaser!

2color-rod-with-dimentions-small.jpg
Thanks for participating!

Weight per inch? What source materials were Used? Strengt?

Verzonden met Tapatalk Pro

Can you make different sizes? (diameters)
Can you make different colours?

I have a friend making wooden pens from kits.
I have thought about trying aluminum, brass, copper or even stainless.
This material would look really neat if you used fairly deep ribbed cuts that exposed the colour changes and formed a grip near the tip.

-brino

PS: I'll have to go look up "Hampton"

Reactions: Z2V
Chess pieces might look interesting with something like that.

Brino,

We can definitely do other colors, we are currently collecting a bit of statistics on our site. And based on the response we receive we will build other color combinations in mid August. So if you or your friend are interested, please answer just 3 questions on our site!

By the end of August we also should have amazing colors and patterns in CAB plastic specifically for pen makers market.
Thank you for your interest!

ttabbal,

Interestingly enough, making chess set was our first idea when we developed the process for this product!

Thank you for your feedback!

Are both materials suitable for use in food and Pharma manufacturing, US FDA or EFSA?

Zathros,

Weight per inch? - The weight is approximately 0.033 lbs/inch

What source materials were Used?- It is ABS

Strength? - The strength is the same as normal ABS.

Regards,
Plasti-Block Team

Verzonden met Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

P. Waller,

We can provide parts which are made of ABS grades approved for use in food contact application by US FDA. This is a special order with 150 lbs minimum.
We are not currently certified to provide products for medical use.

Regards,
Plasti-Block Team

Have you considered making filament for 3D printing?

A two colour filament may produce some nice results in a 3D print. The typical diameter is only 1.75mm though so a lot smaller than your present products.

Back