What would you use this for

L

Lordbeezer

Forum Guest
Register Today
My brother gave me 6 of these.3 2ft long .3 3ft long.not sure if brass or bronze..ring if struck with hammer.i'm thinking of cutting like a picture frame.slide wood inside.have a very heavy table..these were chain guides for large machine at plant where he works ..what if anything would you do with these?image.jpegimage.jpeg

LB, I would put them in my scrap pile for possible use at a future date. Al

That looks like a lot of brass/bronze. Most of which would probably not be used trying to re-purpose them as is.
How about finding someone with a forge and have them reformed into a shape that you could readily use (bar, angle, sheet, etc)?

Just a thought, but you could braze two together and use for a trolley rail for an overhead chain fall or hoist. Would probably be stronger and easier using steel, but I think with a little engineering it would certainly do the job for moderate lifting. Mike

I would use them at least two for a fixture plate using the tee slots for hold downs and stops. On a mill or drill press it would be great to have. Even four slots intersecting to use all edges even circles and odd shapes can be held. Then again I'd saw off as much useable pieces to save.
Ok just had a better thought , a sliding table for on bandsaw , could even use weights to let it cut without having to hold the item.

Last edited:
Back