Whatever Happened With The Epoxy-granite Experimentation?

Curtis

Registered
Registered
Hello guys;

Back in May of 2013 there was a thread entitled: "
Epoxy Granite (EG) The cheap and easy way... I hope."

At the end of that article, "Taz", the fellow who wrote it said he would post the most promising formulas for EG. I have been unable to locate the point where that subject is continued. As the owner of a Taig mill, I was hoping to be able to use this information to (hopefully) add a "real" base to this somewhat less than rigid machine tool. Can anyone clue me in to where on the site the EG experimentation and formula are continued? Thanks for your help!

Hello guys;

Back in May of 2013 there was a thread entitled: "
Epoxy Granite (EG) The cheap and easy way... I hope."

At the end of that article, "Taz", the fellow who wrote it said he would post the most promising formulas for EG. I have been unable to locate the point where that subject is continued. As the owner of a Taig mill, I was hoping to be able to use this information to (hopefully) add a "real" base to this somewhat less than rigid machine tool. Can anyone clue me in to where on the site the EG experimentation and formula are continued? Thanks for your help!
Try "Large Epoxy Granite Vmc Project", dracozny. He has blow by blow detailed construction.

Say, there's also a huge thread on this over on CNCzone.com

I've never really studied it. Would you mind giving a few paragraph assessment of how and how well it works?

Karl

Try "Large Epoxy Granite Vmc Project", dracozny. He has blow by blow detailed construction.

I read the earlier thread and it was interesting but a different person. I have been working on mix for a year and started building a large vmc based upon it. The formula I am using is in the thread below. You can beat on it with a sledge hammer and it doesn't hurt the stuff + epoxy granite has 6-10 times the vibration absorbing capabilities of cast iron. Hope this helps:

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/large-epoxy-granite-vmc-project.33497/

As far as the earlier thread, I also found a youtube video that may be the same person who posted previously here:

I don't know what happened to the OP or his efforts....

Back