What's something like this worth?

finsruskw

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Looking at a used Kurt vise.
Seller says this about it...and has some pictures and it appears to have new paint.
is asking $275
Used Kurt D675 precision vice. New thrust washers and needle bearing. Mating surfaces have been honed.

Serial number #64764
Any way to judge the age from this number?

Mods: please remove if this type post/question is not allowed
Don't want to step on any toes here.
Thanks!

Condition is everything. Recent sales on eBay are all over the place, from $125 to $400.

$250 to $300 is about average for one that at least in the pictures appears to be in very good condition. (no pecker tracks, no rust)

Oldest models have a hole in the mounting flange, newer ones have a slot. I think it's been at least 8 or 9 years since they dropped that model so all are at least that old.

This one has a slot and new paint on the base with the Ser# tag masked off so it shows the original finish as does the moveable portion, not sure what that's called.

Be prepared to take it apart and clean it. There are repair kits for the spindle bearing. I see where they are new. Have to shop for them if needed as postage can equal the kit. Got 4" a couple of years ago for around $250 and have been using it ever since. Charles

Looking at a used Kurt vise.
Seller says this about it...and has some pictures and it appears to have new paint.
is asking $275
Used Kurt D675 precision vice. New thrust washers and needle bearing. Mating surfaces have been honed.

Serial number #64764
Any way to judge the age from this number?

Mods: please remove if this type post/question is not allowed
Don't want to step on any toes here.
Thanks!
From the auction in Tulsa last week. One of the lots that I managed to catch the 'hammer' price on.
They didn't list the model number in the description though.
(3) Kurts went for $325.00/ea and the buyer took all three.
-=- LINK -=-

Yes Sir!!
Thank You!!
Price was right in the middle and the seller drove about 50 miles to meet me with it!

Back