Whats The Best Deal On Import Axa Toolpost

That's today. What do you think the number is going to be in 19 hours?

As it is a piston type probably not much more. I got mine with 1 holder for $35.00 shipped to the door. That is the only piston type I would of bought.

I started out with a AXA on my SB heavy 10'', and when I got my SB 13", I got another AXA tool post just so I could use the same tool holders. I made a spacer plate for under the tool post to bring the center height up the same for both lathes.

Shars sells a 250-101 XL for an AXA toolpost that takes a 5/8" tool bit.

has anyone tried a BXA on a Logan 10? I hope to get a Heavy 10 or 12 inch one day and don't want to re-tool

To see if your intended tool post will fit your lathe you need to check the dimensions given on their website. First of all you need to know the vertical height distance from the top of the compound slide, where the tool post will sit, to the center line of the lateh.

Then you need to look up the dimensions fro the tool post you intend to get and they will show the minimum permitted height, that is the largest tool post you can fit. If you fit anything above this size you will run out of vertical height adjustment and not be able to get your tool on center.

Some people have got around this by machining some metal off the base if the tool post and or the base of the tool holder, this is not recommended, although you can get away with it if the amount you remove is very small.

You will find that there some variation between brands of QCTP, so you need to check the one you want or look at others to get the right fit

For instance I was told to get an AXA for my 1216 lathe but when I measured it up, it was just enough for an Aloris BXA, so that is what I got. With some tools I only have about a 1/16th or even 1/32nd to spare but that is enough. With the BXA I can use up to 16mm or 5/8 tools.

Back