What’s your long running project ?

My longest project took me a year to finish. But then I needed the money and had to sell it.
That trike is a real neat piece of gear. Did you build it up from scratch, or was it already a trike, servicar by the look ,and you've restored it, still nice job.

My longest running project, well actually there are a few, but the main one is to build a small jib crane so that I can lift 4 jaw chuck and face plate, and other stuff.from floor to lathe bed and back down, as my back will not allow me to do that any more. I have started work on some parts, but no pics yet. Other project is to build vertical spindle mill attachment for lathe, will also need crane to lift that. I've only had the lathe for about 18 months, and they tell me that Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm lucky if I get half a day in the shop per week. The other half has been very poorly these last twelve months, but she is now on the mend and becoming indepenent again, so hopefully in the not too distant future I'll get a bit more time in the shop.

That trike is a real neat piece of gear. Did you build it up from scratch, or was it already a trike, servicar by the look ,and you've restored it, still nice job.
I started with a frame and motor that needed complete rebuild. The truck like bed was an idea I had and welded up to fit.

I'll play

Bought the 71 barracuda vert in 1983 as a running driver to make a Cuda clone. Started resto in 1985. Marriage, 2 kids who are now adults, various houses and moves, and it is still just a roller buried in my current garage. Attached picture from the last house when I was having fun. Someday......

Back when I was having fun.jpg

I started with a frame and motor that needed complete rebuild. The truck like bed was an idea I had and welded up to fit.

Pity you had to sell it. Do you still own, ride a harley? My current ride is a HD 2010 Road king, which, owing to a failing back and hips, I had converted into a trike in 2012-13. Conversion was done using a kit from Motor Trike in Texas.

P1320772.JPG

See what happens when "life" puts things on hold ?

My shop ,moving unused tools and machines into a container, and ten years of collecting fancy hardwoods for building wood projects . All brand new just stored . Then I started being in so much pain I had to stop. Still trying to sell tools and the wood plus forty years of being a mechanic and parts , engines . Special tools stuff I paid thousands of dollars for. Now my wife wants me to sell my reloading equipment so my daughter and son in law and gran baby can move in with us. YUPP my project is life I guess.

**G** that looks like a long term project.
At least you have a helmet :eagerness:

Back