[4]

What's your shopping experience with AliExpress?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Ken from ontario

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
I have never bought anything from this giant Chinese online retailer but noticed they have some great prices on the few items I was checking , the best example is this Techniks ER32 metric collet set (18pcs) for $119 with free shipping! now this is the lowest price I have ever seen on Techniks collet sets .
There is the usual drawback with shipping from China, it'll take 40-60 days to arrive !
I'm just wondering what others think of Aliexpress customer service before and after a sale. have you ever had a bad experience buying anything from them?
Here's the link to the collets:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TEC...M/816049776.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.Mz39gp

Last edited:

markba633csi

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Beware it could be a counterfeit
I've had a couple snags with Ali- being shorted on some cheap small items and vendor says "don't worry" but the missing items never arrive
Mark
ps check out "tpac tools" on ebay- 100% feedback and good prices

Ken from ontario

Beware it could be a counterfeit
I've had a couple snags with Ali- being shorted on some cheap small items and vendor says "don't worry" but the missing items never arrive
Mark
ps check out "tpac tools" on ebay- 100% feedback and good prices
That's what I thought the moment I saw the price but it could be the real deal Techniks collet but made in China instead of Taiwan(?).
BTW I'm very familiar with tpac tools, have one of their sets ,the quality is above average in my opinion.

Last edited:

Kiwi Canuck

The store you linked to has been open 6 years and no feedback score, strange.

I have purchased quite a bit of stuff from Aliexpress without issues, average delivery is 2-3 weeks.

I always deal with vendors who have good feedback.

Good luck.

Edit, OK I see it now, I needed to be logged on to see the rating, confirmed 98.6%

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 473

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Just recently bought a 2 axis DRO for my lathe. They shipped it DHL, had it at my door step in 7 days!
I have never received something shipped from China in that short of time. May have had something to do with it coming out of Hong Kong. Look like they hand carried it over to HK from neighboring city to ship!

Ken from ontario

The store you linked to has been open 6 years and no feedback score, strange.

I have purchased quite a bit of stuff from Aliexpress without issues, average delivery is 2-3 weeks.

I always deal with vendors who have good feedback.

Good luck.
I see 98.6% positive feedback.

4ssss

Registered
I had an issue with something I bought that broke about a month later. I got the run around from the dealer, but luckily I used my AMEX and they covered the loss. I'll never buy anything from that site again.

Kiwi Canuck

Eddyde

Bronze
Registered
I too bought my DRO fro Ali Express and had a great experience, it arrived in a week and more than a year later it still works great. Saved hundreds of dollars.

Eddyde

Bronze
Registered
Not sure where you are seeing that, the link above takes me to a vendor with zero feedback, Borui Electronic Commerce.
I see it, I think you have to be logged in to see the feedback rating.

Kiwi Canuck

I see it, I think you have to be logged in to see the feedback rating.
OK got it, now I see it.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Ken from ontario

I too bought my DRO fro Ali Express and had a great experience, it arrived in a week and more than a year later it still works great. Saved hundreds of dollars.
Thanks , so far we have two for and two against aliexpress.

Nogoingback

Those are not great odds...

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
My experience with Aliexpress has been good. They were quick and very reasonable so will use them again. It seems to
be a conglomeration of a lot of companies as one item will have multi sources and prices. My experience was with electronic
parts(transistors) so far and have not yet purchased any toolage.

edit: I just looked at Aliexpress for TOOLAGE and shipping is somewhat expensive. I guess it depends on what you need...:)

Carbide inserts are very inexpensive and ship FREE but something like a R-8 to ER40 adapter costs over $25.00 to ship.
Gotta shop around I guess.......

Last edited:

Moper361

Registered
Registered
I think you will find a lot of the suppliers on aliexpress and alibaba also sell on eBay now quite a lot of items I buy here in Thailand on eBay now come from China direct and can be found on aliexpress.also to note once you get into all the nooks and crannies of payment etc on aliexpress it works out about the same as eBay .I also here in Thailand buy quite a lot of stuff through lazada Thailand .not so easy with language but I'm lucky I have two interpreters so can manage the prices are very good and delivery times good ,The bonus of lazada even if items are being delivered to Thailand from China it's a cash on deliver purchase so if items do not arrive there is no money that has changed hands so you have not lost anything .I have only had one instance an item did not turn up .there are other countries that use lazada that also have some pretty good prices. But the cash on delivery is a bonus

Ken from ontario

The bonus of lazada even if items are being delivered to Thailand from China it's a cash on deliver purchase so if items do not arrive there is no money that has changed hands so you have not lost anything .I
It would be a great option to have over here.

Ken from ontario

Those are not great odds...
It looks like those odds are changing more in favour than against, but I'll find out for myself very soon, the deal was too good to pass .

F

f350ca

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I've used them twice with good service. A 4 litre ultrasonic cleaner and a 3 axis DRO. Both came well packaged. Shipped DHL the cleaner came in less than a week, the DRO took a couple but I ordered it over Christmas and DHL was probably swamped.

Greg

Ken from ontario

I've used them twice with good service. A 4 litre ultrasonic cleaner and a 3 axis DRO. Both came well packaged. Shipped DHL the cleaner came in less than a week, the DRO took a couple but I ordered it over Christmas and DHL was probably swamped.

Greg
DHL is one of the more expensive options offered ($53.00) to ship that set, I used Aliexpress premium shipping ($12.75) it should take 18 days to get here.

rock_breaker

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
I am trying to find mounting instructions on my DRO scales having a company sticker "Jingce.com" on them. Entered it in email and came up with Aliexpress. So far that is where the trail has ended.

Ray

middle.road

Actively Learning...
My recent purchase DRO went smoothly except that the site couldn't process Amex. Ended up using MC. I believe it was more of an interfacing problem with Amex and AliExpress.
And now I'm stung by the Chinese Holiday, so there's a long delay in shipment.

As far as getting stung, just follow AliExpress' buyer protection. You have to figure that the items on the 'Bay are coming from the same factories in China so . . .

I am trying to find mounting instructions on my DRO scales having a company sticker "Jingce.com" on them. Entered it in email and came up with Aliexpress. So far that is where the trail has ended.

Ray
Here you go Ray, http://www.szjingce.com/index.php?_m=frontpage&_a=index
Does not appear that there is anything in the downloads section though :distrust:

Ken from ontario

Ray
Please let us know how helpful the company is after a sale.

MrWhoopee

I've made several purchases from Aliexpress recently, including a 2-axis DRO. All have been satisfactory, though shipping times can vary widely. The DRO arrived in 6 days and the shipping was free DHL. I didn't find any mounting instructions and would be surprised if there are any considering the variety of machines and mounting possibilities. It's not that hard to figure out once you put your mind to it and look at other peoples' solutions.

Last edited:

Mitch Alsup

Registered
I have made 4 different purchases from AliExpress.
All of my transactions turned out satisfactory.

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
Does anyone use BangGood? There is a lot of machining stuff there, other stuff as well, quite inexpensive. Of course price isn't the
only criterion.....

RobertHaas

Registered
I like Ali Express myself. It is sort of a AMAZON of Chinese suppliers. funny how 3 or 4 different suppliers sell the same item (Or at least use the same photo) but at drastically different pricing.

I bought a Boring Bar for my mill and a jacobs chuck. both use an ISO 40 taper. The only wrinkle is the thread is metric, had to build a second draw bar, but that just improved the tooling options I can run.

MrWhoopee

I bought a Boring Bar for my mill and a jacobs chuck. both use an ISO 40 taper. The only wrinkle is the thread is metric, had to build a second draw bar, but that just improved the tooling options I can run.
This also happens with R8 tooling, you have to pay attention. Some are 7/16-14, some are M12.

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
I have bought half a dozen things from AliExpress, from $1 to $230. All went smoothly, no issues. Better results than Amazon or eBay, actually...

The_Apprentice

Staff member
Alright, recently I have been looking a lot into things at both Alibaba and AliExpress.

The Alibaba thing so far has really irritated me. So many companies will offer what is supposed to be a FREE SAMPLE, yet will hit you with a $50 to $80 shipping fee just for tiny piece of printed paper.

petertha

I think Alibaba is more about larger quantities, manufacturing relationships, bigger scale stuff. AliExpress is more about retail level finished goods.
Bangood I haven't used as much but seems to be similar to AliExpress from what I can tell. And yes, sometimes its the exact same guy (or at least his cousin) on Ali, Ali, Ebay... etc. and prices & ship time can vary.

I've done about 50 transactions on AliExpress & 99% happy. Some of their clone tooling is good, others.. you get what you pay for. No different than ebay or the local store. But it has saved me so much on handful quantities on specialty hardware, metric fasteners, materials. You guys in USA have some decent resources & low shipping. But in Kanuckistan, often times slim pickins.

[6]
[5] [7]