What's your shopping experience with AliExpress?

Ken from ontario

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I have never bought anything from this giant Chinese online retailer but noticed they have some great prices on the few items I was checking , the best example is this Techniks ER32 metric collet set (18pcs) for $119 with free shipping! now this is the lowest price I have ever seen on Techniks collet sets .
There is the usual drawback with shipping from China, it'll take 40-60 days to arrive !
I'm just wondering what others think of Aliexpress customer service before and after a sale. have you ever had a bad experience buying anything from them?
Here's the link to the collets:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TEC...M/816049776.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.Mz39gp

Last edited:
Beware it could be a counterfeit
I've had a couple snags with Ali- being shorted on some cheap small items and vendor says "don't worry" but the missing items never arrive
Mark
ps check out "tpac tools" on ebay- 100% feedback and good prices

Beware it could be a counterfeit
I've had a couple snags with Ali- being shorted on some cheap small items and vendor says "don't worry" but the missing items never arrive
Mark
ps check out "tpac tools" on ebay- 100% feedback and good prices
That's what I thought the moment I saw the price but it could be the real deal Techniks collet but made in China instead of Taiwan(?).
BTW I'm very familiar with tpac tools, have one of their sets ,the quality is above average in my opinion.

Last edited:
The store you linked to has been open 6 years and no feedback score, strange.

I have purchased quite a bit of stuff from Aliexpress without issues, average delivery is 2-3 weeks.

I always deal with vendors who have good feedback.

Good luck.

Edit, OK I see it now, I needed to be logged on to see the rating, confirmed 98.6%

Last edited:
Just recently bought a 2 axis DRO for my lathe. They shipped it DHL, had it at my door step in 7 days!
I have never received something shipped from China in that short of time. May have had something to do with it coming out of Hong Kong. Look like they hand carried it over to HK from neighboring city to ship!

The store you linked to has been open 6 years and no feedback score, strange.

I have purchased quite a bit of stuff from Aliexpress without issues, average delivery is 2-3 weeks.

I always deal with vendors who have good feedback.

Good luck.
I see 98.6% positive feedback.

I had an issue with something I bought that broke about a month later. I got the run around from the dealer, but luckily I used my AMEX and they covered the loss. I'll never buy anything from that site again.

I too bought my DRO fro Ali Express and had a great experience, it arrived in a week and more than a year later it still works great. Saved hundreds of dollars.

Not sure where you are seeing that, the link above takes me to a vendor with zero feedback, Borui Electronic Commerce.
I see it, I think you have to be logged in to see the feedback rating.

Back