What's your shopping experience with AliExpress?

My recent purchase DRO went smoothly except that the site couldn't process Amex. Ended up using MC. I believe it was more of an interfacing problem with Amex and AliExpress.
And now I'm stung by the Chinese Holiday, so there's a long delay in shipment.

As far as getting stung, just follow AliExpress' buyer protection. You have to figure that the items on the 'Bay are coming from the same factories in China so . . .

I am trying to find mounting instructions on my DRO scales having a company sticker "Jingce.com" on them. Entered it in email and came up with Aliexpress. So far that is where the trail has ended.

Ray
Here you go Ray, http://www.szjingce.com/index.php?_m=frontpage&_a=index
Does not appear that there is anything in the downloads section though :distrust:

I am trying to find mounting instructions on my DRO scales having a company sticker "Jingce.com" on them. Entered it in email and came up with Aliexpress. So far that is where the trail has ended.

Ray
Please let us know how helpful the company is after a sale.

I've made several purchases from Aliexpress recently, including a 2-axis DRO. All have been satisfactory, though shipping times can vary widely. The DRO arrived in 6 days and the shipping was free DHL. I didn't find any mounting instructions and would be surprised if there are any considering the variety of machines and mounting possibilities. It's not that hard to figure out once you put your mind to it and look at other peoples' solutions.

Last edited:
Does anyone use BangGood? There is a lot of machining stuff there, other stuff as well, quite inexpensive. Of course price isn't the
only criterion.....

I like Ali Express myself. It is sort of a AMAZON of Chinese suppliers. funny how 3 or 4 different suppliers sell the same item (Or at least use the same photo) but at drastically different pricing.

I bought a Boring Bar for my mill and a jacobs chuck. both use an ISO 40 taper. The only wrinkle is the thread is metric, had to build a second draw bar, but that just improved the tooling options I can run.

I bought a Boring Bar for my mill and a jacobs chuck. both use an ISO 40 taper. The only wrinkle is the thread is metric, had to build a second draw bar, but that just improved the tooling options I can run.

This also happens with R8 tooling, you have to pay attention. Some are 7/16-14, some are M12.

I have bought half a dozen things from AliExpress, from $1 to $230. All went smoothly, no issues. Better results than Amazon or eBay, actually...

Alright, recently I have been looking a lot into things at both Alibaba and AliExpress.

The Alibaba thing so far has really irritated me. So many companies will offer what is supposed to be a FREE SAMPLE, yet will hit you with a $50 to $80 shipping fee just for tiny piece of printed paper.

I think Alibaba is more about larger quantities, manufacturing relationships, bigger scale stuff. AliExpress is more about retail level finished goods.
Bangood I haven't used as much but seems to be similar to AliExpress from what I can tell. And yes, sometimes its the exact same guy (or at least his cousin) on Ali, Ali, Ebay... etc. and prices & ship time can vary.

I've done about 50 transactions on AliExpress & 99% happy. Some of their clone tooling is good, others.. you get what you pay for. No different than ebay or the local store. But it has saved me so much on handful quantities on specialty hardware, metric fasteners, materials. You guys in USA have some decent resources & low shipping. But in Kanuckistan, often times slim pickins.

Back