What's your shopping experience with AliExpress?

I will add to this conversation. Ordered a SNS-3V 3 axis DRO from Shenzhen Siton Technology on AliExpress. The guy is Wilson Huang. They sent me the 3 glass scales but the head was a two axis SNS-2V. He wants me to ship just the head back at my expense and he will ship a new 3 axis head. GRRRRR. Should have just bought from Precision Matthews and been done.

I'm pretty sure on AliExpress you can open a dispute, similar to eBay. They obviously didn't ship what you had ordered. Seller should be on hook for shipping back incorrect head and sending correct head to you.

Yeah, I am trying to figure out how to do that now. There is a "Open Dispute" button on the order page but that has more to do with whether the seller sent the items vs. did they send the correct items.
I don't get really torqued about stuff but he does want me to ship the item back which will cost me $52, and that will not happen. I would be better off selling the head I have on eBay and just get a 3 axis head. The scales that he sent appear to be correct.

I have ordered several items from AliExpress. Including a DRO, and some VFD’s.
Like with eBay, i try to be choosy based upon the vendor’s reputation.
I have only had one problem. One vendor send a couple panel meters in a envelope. Naturally, they were broken. They kept asking for more pictures and pushing the resolve-by date back. AliExpress’s disputes people stepped in and issued a refund, with no return needed.

Does anyone use BangGood? There is a lot of machining stuff there, other stuff as well, quite inexpensive. Of course price isn't the
only criterion.....

I have used banggood for a variety of items, I find that they vary from rubbish that doesn't work, to fairly good quality items that are both cheap and they actually work, so it's a bit of a lucky dip. Delivery times vary a lot too.

Another one I use is Kogan, they don't have the range, but so far no rejects.

I opened a dispute with AliExpress last night. I am not holding out much hope though.
If I made the same mistake he did, I would ship the guy a new head and a pre-paid return label. BUT, he is still trying to make a small profit or something by having me pay for a return that was his fault. I expect that he will drag this out.

He is my list of messages so far...

"Dear,

Sorry for the mistake from our warehouse, how about return to us and exchange a 3 axis display? Sorry again.

Regards,
Wilson"

and I thought, hmmmm, how about not. How about you send me the correct one. So I asked for a prepaid shipping label and here is what I got next..

"Dear
Please send the single display to our address as following, needs not send other parts(cable, manual etc.), only display is fine, please send by post office, which is cheaper.

Our address is

Name: Huang Wei
Add: 406 Room, Huayuan Building, Guangtai Road 307#, Nancheng District, Dongguan, Guangdong, China
Post code: 523073
Tel: 008615338371895

Any problems please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Wilson"

So now I opened a dispute asking for some money back. I would rather he just send me the correct head and be done with it.

So now I opened a dispute asking for some money back. I would rather he just send me the correct head and be done with it
That's would be great customer service on his part if he did that but some of these sellers are "drop shippers" and don't even know the content of the kits they're selling, I would email Aliexpress customer service and ask them to step in on your behalf .

The seller does not get his money until you acknowledge receipt of the item. Do not do so until you are completely happy with your purchase. I have had better luck with Aliexpress purchases than I have had with eBay...

I will add to this conversation. Ordered a SNS-3V 3 axis DRO from Shenzhen Siton Technology on AliExpress. The guy is Wilson Huang. They sent me the 3 glass scales but the head was a two axis SNS-2V. He wants me to ship just the head back at my expense and he will ship a new 3 axis head. GRRRRR. Should have just bought from Precision Matthews and been done.

Don't give in. Insist that he pay return shipping or simply ship you the right one without returning the one you have. It was, after all, his screw-up. If you haven't already, read up on Aliexpress' Buyer Protection and look into opening a dispute. That may motivate the seller to be a little more accommodating.

I did open a dispute last night. However, I acknowledged receipt of the order without knowing that the buyer then gets his money. I will continue to pursue this.

Back