Resolved When replying to an old post, I do not have the "attach files" button

rtorres

Registered
Registered
Greetings, I am replying to an old thread that I was having a conversation with another member back in September of 2018. I want to continue the conversation where it was left off, and I can reply or I can start a new conversation with the member, but I do not have the "attach files" button at the bottom left of my post. Could you please let me know what am I missing? Thanks...

This is a test post by vtcnc to test rtorres' permissions to attach files in a post.

Attachments

• N.H. Baldwin Hand Planer.jpeg
    N.H. Baldwin Hand Planer.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0
This is a test post by vtcnc to test rtorres' permissions to attach files in a post.
rtorres,

As you can see you have no issues attaching a file in a normal forum post. I also tested your permissions in Conversations and you can link to photos on other websites or photo hosting sites by clicking the Add Image icon in the tool bar above your post. It's the little portrait icon between the link icon and the movie camera icon. This is a free feature for all Registered members at H-M.

An upgrade to premium donation levels will allow you to upload an image, rather than link to some other image outside of H-M as described above. This premium feature is available for donating members who would prefer to store their images on the H-M server and thereby provide reliable, lasting content for all H-M members to enjoy. Another benefit of this premium feature is that it allows you to keep all of your hobby machining related content and conversations with other members in one place, rather than cluttering up your inbox and losing content over time.

Of course, you could always ask the member for a private email and correspond that way, but the premium donation level features are really convenient for keeping track of all your conversations over time. They are also searchable at the top levels of Donation.

If you choose to go that route, you can upgrade here or from your profile under Account Upgrades.

Thanks,
vtcnc

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back