• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

[4]

when you don't shovel the roof

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
I remember that white stuff from when I lived in Minnesota, six decades ago. Nasty stuff, I think they called it snow. ;) Nothing like that in the California central valley. But less than a month ago a hail storm came through my neighborhood with a narrow swath only a few blocks wide. My house was right in the middle of it. We got three inches (75mm) of 1/4" (6mm) hail over about a two hour period. It stayed on the ground for three days in places. Totally unheard of here. I stayed home, was not going to play bumper cars with with a bunch of slippery road rookies...
Truth is, I was an active ski bum for a couple decades and also did ski mountaineering and winter high mountain backpacking... Did plenty of driving in snow.

MikeWi

Active User
Registered
I had a big chunk of ice fly at me on the highway from a truck trailer. It just missed the windshield and put a dent in the roof of the car.

Bi11Hudson

Artificer00
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
That's why I moved to the deep south all those years ago. Allergic to snow and ice and cold. Just a tornado now and again. But they never come too close, the mountain chain is full of iron ore.

Old Mud

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
.That dosn't seem like a lot of snow to me. Up here we have Drifts, a Lot of Drifts. :adore:

Attachments

Last edited:
[6]
[5] [7]