Where can I find ER32 collet boxes?

WobblyHand

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Recently bought an ER32 collet and it came "bare". Anybody know where I can find a little plastic box that just fits an ER32 collet? I'd rather not have it rolling about in a drawer.

My ER32 collets came in boxes. Don't know where you could buy some. Drill a hole in 3/4" plywood to fit the collet. That will keep it from rolling around.

My set came with individual boxes. This 'extra' one that I bought didn't. Was kind of surprised. I can do the drill a hole in something trick, that will work for now!

Huot has racks.

I made my own , they are also available on Amazon, if you're talking about the wooden boxes like the ones Technik collets are shipped in, I have not seen them for sale , the metal tray type can be custom made in your shop based on the space you have available , sizes can be stamped, I'd call it a fun project and without spending a lot of $.

So far, the simplest, cheapest idea I have come up with is a prescription pill plastic container. It's a bit too tall, but the right ID. Honestly, I just wanted a little container or holder to put it in. Trying to find a match to the little one's I has proven elusive so far. It would be great to find some 1.5" x 1.5" x 1.8" square telescoping tubes at a non-obscene price.
PXL_20210410_195237331.jpg
Don't need a collet rack just yet, the little yellow boxes I have are fine right now. They are compact and protective. A wooden box is overkill for my needs. The pill bottle is tall for the drawer, but I can lay it down. Wish I could get more of the cheezy little 37mm telescoping square boxes. I'm not sure what the right search term is...

Wish I could get more of the cheezy little 37mm telescoping square boxes. I'm not sure what the right search term is...

Isn’t it square telescopic tubes?

Have to agree, on the 3D printer, but haven't fallen in that rabbit hole yet. I'm still getting my feet wet in subtractive technology...

The size that would fit, would be 40x40. Box of 8 for $24. Don't need it that bad yet. It's not horrible at $3 each, just don't need 8. cleartecpackaging is a good source, good to know about them.

Back