Where can I get a QCTP for my logan 9"?

strantor

Active User
Registered
I see a lot of QCTP for sale on ebay but they seem like they're all for the chinese lathes. Where can I get one that guaranteed to work with my Logan?

Strantor,

There are lots of import versions out there. The quality and price kind of go hand in hand. I opted for the Phase II wedge type. It's a little more expensive than some of the other imports but I have no complaints about quality.

You need the AXA size for you lathe. Be aware that whichever one you buy you will have to modify the T-nut to fit your compound. You can make a new round step nut on your lathe, but it's not quite as rigid as the actual T-nut.

Steve

+1 on what Steve said, I prefer the wedge type over the piston type.

Randy

I have one from the CDC tools and it is for my Heave 10" Southbend. I have a 10" logan that I just got and will check the tomorrow and post the results. I do know that you will have to modify the T nut. I really like the one I got from CDC tools. Works great.

Hi Randy,

I think your question was directed at the other Randy but I'll throw my two cents in.

I have the piston type on a mini lathe that I use sometimes, and it works OK. When I got my Logan it only had the lantern tool holder so I knew a QC would be one of my first purchases. In doing a little research on wedge vs. piston, the general consensus was that the piston worked fine but the wedge was a little more rigid and the repeatability was a little better.

I figured I would probably be happy with the piston type, so that's what I started looking at. I decided the Phase II was probably the best bang for the buck. Then I saw that Enco has the Phase II wedge for a few buck cheaper than the piston. Hmmmm, seemed like a no brainer to me, so that's what I bought and am pleased with it. I do need to make some more tool holders for it if I ever get my mill completed. :)

Just one man's story.

Steve

Yes the one from CDC tools will work just fine. I really like mine and the sell the wedge or piston type.

I have one from the CDC tools and it is for my Heave 10" Southbend. I have a 10" logan that I just got and will check the tomorrow and post the results. I do know that you will have to modify the T nut. I really like the one I got from CDC tools. Works great.

You never did follow up................
What one did you get, and did you get a chance to try it on the Logan?

You never did follow up................
What one did you get, and did you get a chance to try it on the Logan?

Not sure if you're looking for an answer from DanGraves or myself. I bought the AXA size wedge type (the more expensive one) from CDCO and it works just fine. one of the tool holders is almost too tight to fit and I have to tap it into place with a hammer, but otherwise everything seems good.

Back