Where can I source a taper lock pulley like this?

slow-poke

Registered
Registered
The pulley on my old mill is not in the greatest condition and I would like to replace it with a taper lock pulley for better fit. The original is pretty beat up and has a tendency to loosen up over time.

The pulley actually has 3 grooves, however I never use the smallest one (not shown on top)

This is used with a B34 V-Belt and a 2HP, 3-phase motor max RPM = 2200

The motor shaft is 0.875"

The diameters shown are what I have now, the replacement does not have to be exact, anything +/- 10% or so would be fine, as I control this with a VFD

If the 1.58" hub depth is a problem, I can shift the motor up closer to the pulley (somewhat) if need be.

Can anyone point me to a source for a suitable replacement?

Thanks,

pulley.png

I've ordered some from Surplus Center like that. Just need to know the bore and pulley sizes. They can help you match it up.

if the pulley groves are good use a fenner drive they work great
shopping

Any industrial transmission supplier or bearing factor will have different size pulleys and hubs in both Imperial and Metric. If necessary you can stack individual pulleys to make a cluster.

Google Fenner it will explain, they work great, if your shafts or keyway is worn

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If there is room for it a key less bushing would work but I doubt that the hub has the extra diameter for it.

Search for key less locking drive bushings, this will result in more choices then Fenner.
You must have a substantial wall thickness as they develope a great deal of radial force.
McM has them https://www.mcmaster.com/#keyless-bushings/=1dl419y

When I bought my Monarch 12CK and found the motor drive pulley, with hub and key and set screws, wobbling around I switched to the pulley with a tapered hub, source from Zoro.com. It works great, and I can position the pulley wherever I want to the shaft then tighten the hub. It works great.

Chris

Back