Where do I get a set of change gears for SB 9C?

Pinresto

Active User
Registered
I looked at a SB 9C today but it was missing the change gears. It had lots of other tooling and was priced right. I just need to see where they are and what they cost. This will be my first lathe so I really don't what to start off on the wrong foot. But, if I were to only buy some of them now are there certain gears that are used most often?

You really don't know which gear your gonna need until you need it, so it's probably best to get a complete set. Here's a link for the gears: http://www.tools4cheap.net/products.php?cat=19 . He sells them individually,but maybe if you gave him a call, he'd give you a break on a complete set, its worth a shot. I've bought quite a lot from him and he's always been very fair.

I looked at a SB 9C today but it was missing the change gears. It had lots of other tooling and was priced right. I just need to see where they are and what they cost. This will be my first lathe so I really don't what to start off on the wrong foot. But, if I were to only buy some of them now are there certain gears that are used most often?

Measure your gear pitch and go to a power transmission distributor and order gears. I have a 1927 SB 9 junior . I ordered the change gears I needed and had them the next day.

Last edited:
There are used change gears on eBay regularly as well. SB is a popular brand, and there is a fairly good supply of used parts around. Shaft size and gear pitch may be the same as other brands like Logan, too.

GG

Back