Where do yo keep your Machinist Handbook ?

Hope so Bob, I only need the #2 Edition and will I have them all. I also have 2 or 3 of most that I do have. ROTFLMBO!!

#'s 1-4 are identical, just different years. The first changes came in #5.

"Billy G"

I have a "Machinery's Handbook" on my desk where I do all my design work. I have a "Production Handbook" right next to it. Out in the shop I also have "The Pink Book." "The Pink Book," is a three ring binder with a collection of drill sizes and tap information, gage charts, materials hardness, plastics recipes, and anything I have found myself having to refer to the chart or table more than once while working. That reminds me. I should probably add a sine bar table to the pink book. Its in my, "Machinery's Handbook," but the, "Machinery's Handbook," never goes out into the shop.

Both of mine, a 22nd edition and a 1st edition reprint, lived in the bathroom from the time each was acquired until I had read them cover to cover. Took a while, mostly one page at a time. I also read them a bit at night when I could not sleep. Instant success.

Mine was on my desk in in my office before the IRMA flood that deposited 4 feet of water in my home, now it's in the landfill with everything else that was in my home. EVERYTHING GONE ! including the first 4 feet of the walls. I do not want to talk about my shop & tools.

fixit

my 10th edition is in the kennedy box where it belongs.

Back