Where is the search function?

Headrc

Registered
Registered
Hi ...a newbie to this site here and looking forward to all the great information I believe it has ...as well as possibly contributing in the future. I am going to post this here because I could not find a better place to post it. I have looked all around on this site and cannot seem to find a search function for topics I am interested in. All I find is a function to search threads I may have started or flagged as of interest to me. Can someone please point me to how to search this entire site for specific topics? Thanks, RH

You can use your favorite search engine to search this site. Yes, you can search a specific site! For example, enter this in your search engine (or URL bar):

pm1236T lathe site:www.hobby-machinist.com

That will search this site for postings on the pm1236T lathe.

Welcome to the group!

Meta Key

Using a search engine as Meta Key shows works, and may work better than the site software which excludes certain words or words which are too short, like "DRO".

I am not sure the device you are using or the screen you are seeing.

I am using Mozilla Firefox and see a "Search" menu on the top right. If I click on this I get a drop down box. Clicking on Advanced Search gives more options, but still has the frustration of the site software deciding whether to include your words or not.

HSM_searcg_menu.jpg

I believe you need to make a certain number of posts (3?) before the Search capability is enabled (at least that seems to be how it worked for me).

As Meta Key mentioned, you can use google which works very well.

Back