Where to buy a 1-1/2" pipe tap?

Harvey

Active User
Registered
Hi Guys and Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a temporary need for a 1-1/2" pipe tap and I'd like to know where to get one. I only need to get 4 uses out of it and don't imagine needing it ever again. Therefore, I need it as cheaply as possible without getting so cheap that it's not useable. Any suggestions?

Harvey

Drop by my place and you can use mine. :))

If you only need to tap a couple things, can you take it to a local guy (plumbing/gas/whatever) and just ask them to do it for a few bucks?

visiting a plumbing shop would be my choice too. that sounds like a nasty project. times 4

The residential plumbing shops that I checked with don't have taps up to 1-1/2". That's more of an industrial size and those shops who do industrial work charge industrial rates!

Harvey

I have a 1 1/2" die if anyone cares

I just checked my price book, $79.50 shipping included. . .to any usa address. . .

I will give Tried and True in Fridley MN a call/visit tomorrow (if they are open) there is a possibility they have one.
If they have one in reasonable condition, and a price that seems right, would you like me to purchase it for you and mail it?

Daryl
MN

Back