[Metrology] Where to find in Machinerys handbook?

Rootpass

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Can anyone tell me where to find dimensions for collets in the Machinery’s Handbook? I can’t find anything in the index. My copy is from 1979. With all of the other information in it I can’t imagine collet dimensions aren’t.

Can anyone tell me where to find dimensions for collets in the Machinery’s Handbook? I can’t find anything in the index. My copy is from 1979. With all of the other information in it I can’t imagine collet dimensions aren’t.

I've got an 11th ed 1942 , it's in the index under "Collets, bench lathes and milling machines" it doesn't have a massive amount of info.

Stuart

Thank you. Collets was the first thing I looked for but unless I’m as blind as I am deaf, it isn’t there. I’m going to look again.

Edition 25 (1996) has it as the last entry in the Tooling section. That could mean that it was previously missing or included somewhere else. All the dimensions for an amazing array of collets.

Thank you Hawkeye. I’ll look for a newer copy.

Have a look under Standard Tapers. Might find what your looking for here.

Should have said from the 26 th edition in the Tooling Section under Standard Tapers. Pg. 721. Not sure exactly what your looking for but some digging should give you the info.

They don't appear to be in the 24th Edition either (1992). Anyway I can't find them, and there is nothing about collets in the index.

They are at the end of the tooling section in the 14th edition (1953), page 1358 and also listed in the index.

Rootpass, this is the entry that I find.

Attachments

• Collets.docx
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
Back