[Metrology] Where to find in Machinerys handbook?

Thank you for the replies. I have a Chinese d bit grinder and I was trying to identify the collets it uses. Looks like 3c

I've got an 11th ed 1942 too
Can anyone tell me where to find dimensions for collets in the Machinery’s Handbook? I can’t find anything in the index. My copy is from 1979. With all of the other information in it I can’t imagine collet dimensions aren’t.

Ub27
That is exactly what they were and I found the info just as you suggested.

Thank you for the link. I only have the three that came with it. My other option is an ER adapter

Can anyone tell me where to find dimensions for collets in the Machinery’s Handbook? I can’t find anything in the index. My copy is from 1979. With all of the other information in it I can’t imagine collet dimensions aren’t.
Rootpass... If you're still looking for that info, the Engineers Black Book, USA Edition, has the ER collet specs on page 79 @ the bottom of the page... You may have already found what you were looking for... if not, this may help.

Bill W

Thanks Bill. I did not look there but I do have that book

Thank you for the link. I only have the three that came with it. My other option is an ER adapter
That is a useful option. I bought a 16mm E355 collet to put an ER16 collet holder into. This supplements the inferial collets so I can do things with metric.

Back