Where to find replacement parts for my 3 in 1 AT300

Eddy

Registered
Registered
I broke the tail stock lead screw on my AT300 (no-name manufacturer). It would be a quite easy one to fabricate, but someone threw the broken screw away, so I don't have amything to measure or look at to get the dimensions :(

does anyone know of a place where they sell replacement parts like this? Or maybe someone would be so kind to me and measure your own and make me a drawing? I would greet the favour by making two screws and send one to whoever provided me a drawng :)

thanks for any info!

Edward

Thank you Dave! I enjoyed that thread, and also requested a membership in the smithy yahoo group. Let's hope there's enough knowledge to help me out on there.

Edward

- - - Updated - - -

Still, if anyone out there with either an AT300 or any of the equivalents would do a "quick" measurement of your lead screw, I would greatly appreciate it! Heck, paypal even makes it easy to send a little "$thank you" across the pond.

Edward

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nice to see some additional support for the Smithy. I also requested a membership to their group.

I still haven't been approved into the Yahoo group, so if anyone with a similar 3-1 machine would do a quick measurement of his tailstock lead screw that would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey Eddy
Does your tailstock look like mine below?
I pulled mine out, made a quick and dirty drawing then took the picture below... I hope this helps.
If you had a tailstock, you could make one! Dave

Tailstock1.JPGTailstock2.JPG

Tailstock1.JPG Tailstock2.JPG

Dataporter; thank you soo very much! I could not be more happy right now. And yes, my tailstock looks exactly the same. I'll post pictures of how mine turns out when I have it made :)

Hi Eddy
Glad you are happy. You probably just needed to see the general shape of the thing, but a couple quick notes: The dials on my machine are in inches (hence the 10 threads per inch, 1 turn = 100 thousandths ) yours is likely metric. Check the nut (mine nut is removable / replaceable) in the end of the sleeve (the other end is 3mt on mine) for the right thread size and pitch for your unit. Obviously you should measure the inside diameters and lengths of your tailstock, dial, handwheel, etc. before making your new one. Also the 2-15/16" inch length measurement shown on the right side of the drawing should be less 19/32" and less 3/8".
It should be a nice project to make your new one!
Good Luck!
Dave

I rescued a AT300 from the scrap yard let me know what you needmost of it there but was in peices parts i got as much as i could find. How ever not sure what all is there. I got most of rhe mill head. Got the lathe head , the cross slide was in parts lead screws I think. Motor is dead, I think. Need to check it out. I was going repurpose it to mabe a speed lathe for polishing and deburing. It did have a 5” 3 jaw. Most of the handles broke when they dumped it. POst here or PM if you prefer.
Thanks
CH

Back