Where to get tiny inexpensive bearings?

Here's a link to the ones I used to build Jeroen Jonkman's brass Stirling 60. They match the dimensions in his drawings. He suggests open bearings so you can easily remove the grease, but you can from these as well.... they are shielded, not sealed, and letting them soak for several days in brake cleaner will dissolve the grease. They worked perfectly for my engine...

Ted

This source will not be as cheap as banggood but a similar shop might be in our town.

Model RC race cars often come with plain bearings and the first thing to do for a ' hop up ' is to fit bearings. I remember doing this to my sandrail and being amazed at how cheap the bearings were.

So try bearing supplier

MR85, or keep following the series down through MR74, MR63, MR52 and MR41. I see 10 MR52zz's for $1.28 including shipping (from China). How do they do that?

2mm and 3mm ground shafting looks readily available.

Last edited:
I have purchased lots of small bearings on Ebay. Sewing machines use cheap small bearings for the spools of thread. A little Ebay searching should suit your needs.

The deal with cheap postage from China to the US is sad. There is an article in Forbes about the ridiculous subsidy we are giving China for postage.

One way to get a bearing you need locally quickly is to put info about the bearing online or in eBay. Options come up with automotive applications often times. You can get the automotive part number and go pick it up locally at your auto parts store.

Might find what you want also fits a 2004 Honda engine part for example. Identify that bearing and go get it.

Not the way to get a high volume cheap although you could be surprised the auto part may be cheap. Nice to know an option if you want something fast.

MMB Bearings Mooresville NC. I believe the MMB stands for Miniature Micro Bearings but they sell all sizes.

Back