Which boring bar?

That mil/drill is looks like an RF-45 clone. I've got one with the dovetail column and paid WAY MORE than $250 for it! Good score. Excellent rebuild article on a RF - 45 here: http://www.metalworkingfun.com/showthread.php?tid=405 They are all pretty much the same, like you I am very happy with it.
If I can make a suggestion on boring bars, for the mill those sets of brazed Carbide are good value but do need a bit of a touch-up from new, I'd invest in a 3/4" boring head as well. For the lathe I like LH boring bars as it allows better optics and with a 3/4" bar can be used in the 3/4" boring head in the horizontal position which reminds me that I need a LH 1/2" bar!
I agree with WalterC about Mesa Tools, well made good quality at a very keen price.
Thanks for the info, it does look very similar. I will have to do some reading on the RF-45. I literally cannot find ANYTHING on this mills item #...its "35845", if you're curious.

Also got my eye on a ccbi-250-4-5r. Hope to get that one too.

I hope you get that 250-5R. It is my most accurate bar and I've been using it for about 20 years now. I cannot count the times I have roughed with another bar and then used that 250 with a 0.002"NR to sneak up on the final bore. It is a truly excellent bar.

Back