• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

[4]

Which DRO - Acu-Rite VUE?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

beeser

Swarf
Registered
I'm beginning the search for a DRO to be used on my Bridgeport mill. I'm currently leaning in the direction of an Acu-Rite VUE primarily because the mill previously had Acu-Rite scales but now long gone, which will make the installation much easier. Any opinions on the VUE?

4ssss

Registered
Registered
I'd go for it if money was no object.

mksj

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I had the Acu-Rite VUE on my last mill, was very nice and worked well. But at it's current price for the 3 axis mill version (around $1700), I would go with the Easson 12B (or C which is the same but horizontal format) which is 1/3 the price and has a great display. The scales should be fairly similar with regard to sizing, you can lookup the mounting dimensions. Alternatively you could get a 3 Axis EL700 with magnetic scales for the slightly less cost as the Acu-Rite VUE with 3 glass scales. I currently have the EL700 4 axis on my mill, very nice bright display with the more functions vs. Acu-Rite VUE. The only minor criticism I have of the EL700 is it uses a touch screen for the keys, so they can be a bit finicky at times and no positive click. If you go with glass scales than I would say go with the Easson 12B (they are about $500 through Aliexpress, $700 via domestic suppliers), if magnetic than consider the EL700.

Sandia

Active User
I have the "VUE" on my mill. About 6 years old, and still works perfect. Easy to use.

Attachments

solo

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
I have a acu-rite VUE I'm going to sell. It's used, about two yrs in service, but very good shape. Have you bought one yet?

beeser

Swarf
Registered
I have a acu-rite VUE I'm going to sell. It's used, about two yrs in service, but very good shape. Have you bought one yet?
Not yet. If it's for a 48" table shoot me a PM with details.

Eddyde

Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
+1 on the Easson, had it for a couple of years now, absolutely no problems, $500 out the door.

Sandia

Active User
I have the Accurite Vue on my mill as well. It is about 5 years old, no problems with it. Sure would hate to do without it.

[6]
[5] [7]