• PHISHING SCAM attempt TARGETING HOBBY-MACHINIST members. It has been brought to our attention that a pop-up survey is soliciting userfeedback from H-M members. In exchange for survey information, the user is given an opportunity to win a prize if they pay for shipping charges. This is NOT a Hobby Machinist program, survey or contest. DO NOT click through the links. Close your browser immediately and restart your computer. Clear cookies, cache and log back into Hobby Machinist. Again, this is NOT a Hobby Machinist contest or survey - IT IS a PHISHING SCAM attempt to get your credit card information.To close this notification, click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.

which knurling tool for Atlas 6"

56type

Registered
Registered
I just picked up a knurling tool for my Atlas 10100 Mk.2 on ebay and am wondering if I got the correct one ?? Craftsman #2036 or 2202 ?? I tried several different search parameters here & on google but couldn't nail it it down. Only thing I had to go on were shank size measurements. I'm using the lantern tool post original to the lathe til I can upgrade to the QC. I was planning on making some pieces as gifts for friends this Christmas so I needed it before the holidays got into full swing. Thanks

T Bredehoft

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
The best knurling tool is a scissors type, but I"m not sure (unless you make your own, as I did ) that they are available for the Lantern tool holder. The "push" type requires more pressure than is good for your lathe. Oh Yes, you can use one, but I wasn't happy with the incomplete knurls I was able to get on my MK2.

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
IMO cut knurlers are the best. But due to their cost they are usually not practical for hobby guys. I love my scissor knurler but this reminds me that I still need to find time to play with the 2 brand new Integi cut knurlers I scored a while back.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock