Which Magnetic Scales

The LED on the scales that I have light up when the scale is aligned correctly and is off otherwise (when the scale is powered up).
Just to make sure, can you confirm the following:
1. The board is powering up (green LED on, blue LED blinking)
2. You can connect to it via the tablet (TouchDRO shows up in the list of devices and the app can connect and stay connected)
3. When you move the scales, the display in the app is not changing
4. This happens on all 4 inputs (W needs to be enabled in the settings to be displayed or added to another reading)
5. Voltage between the Vcc pin and Ground pin is around 5V (+/- a few % is not a big deal) when all scales are disconnected
6. Voltage stays the same when a scale is connected (all four lines are wired in parallel, so you can plug in X and measure Y, for example)
7. Voltage between A, B, A' and B' is around 1.75V +/- 0.1V when no scales are connected
8. When a scale is connected, you see voltage close to 0V or 5V (depends on the current position, should change when the scale is moved)

I think I figured out the issue, although I will need new pins etc to verify. Just a stupid mistake on my part. I am pretty sure what has happened is that I was using the number of the pin sockets in reverse thinking I should be looking at it from where it plugs in from the scale and not from the back of the connector. I think I connected what should have pin 1 to pin 5, etc.

The real problem is now all of my cables and connectors are useless. Yuriy, I will pm you and pay you to send me some new connectors and pins.

Sounds like the read head is not getting power. The LED on the head should come on when powered up, red when not near the mag strip, and green when it is in the operating range, about 0.020'' or so.

Best guess is a wiring issue.

Sounds like the read head is not getting power. The LED on the head should come on when powered up, red when not near the mag strip, and green when it is in the operating range, about 0.020'' or so.

Best guess is a wiring issue.
Yeah, I have no doubt it is a wiring issue due to my reversing the pin orders inadvertently.

Rewired one of the connections this morning after getting some new wires and such from Amazon. All is well with the world as the old X glass scale seems to work just fine. I will wire up the others and should be good to go. Glad it was my fault and not something more difficult to figure out.

FYI - If you are talking about removing DB9 pins from the connector, there is a simple tool which is used to extract the pins out.

1637621543428.png

YouTube Demonstration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEYXlgnSyhA

Nice thing about all these electrical connectors the able to change pin outs and reusability.

Back