"Which Mill" questions

What is we add the requirement that the machine has to be able to start machining accurately on arrival and require no restoration prior to getting into actual accurate machining?
Some prefer new equipment, some like fixing up old. Many feel that consumer-level Chinese stuff is likely to need attention--not necessarily ready to work out of the crate. To each her own.....

Weight doesn't in and of itself mean rigidity. Quality of castings, material, and design (e.g., internal webbing in castings) dictate rigidity. Having said that, you are looking at small machines which by definition are not very rigid.

It might help the 'experts' here if they knew what you would like to do with these machines, which could help determine working envelope, etc.. :)

I bought the g0759 with the DRO and use if for all sorts of hobby projects. Couldnt be happier!

20171221_224221.jpg20171216_181030.jpgI would get the precision matthews pm932m I recently purchased one with powerfeed and love it has a motor to raise up and down and the square column is awesome it's so great to be able to raise and lower the head without losing 0 and having to realign like withe a round column I think I paid 2300 plus shipping with lift gate for the mill with powerfeed and since I've heard the cast iron stand is kinda short I built a stand with 2x2 3/16 th wall tubing which I'm going eventually add drawers to I love it do far I used 2x2 1/4 inch wall for the bottom and drilled and tapped for leveling feet I also added a 36x36 chip tray 20171216_181030.jpgindrilled and tapped for 1/2 inch leve20171221_224221.jpgI

The other reason I chose the pm932m over the same machine grizzly sells is the head on the pm932m tilts both left and right and the grizzly only tilts on one side

Back