Which Tool and Cutter Grinder?

I think I am going download those plans and check them out. Looks very similar to the Cuttermaster grinders.

So does my Lathe when I put my tool post grinder on it, and that's not close either

I ordered the Atco plans. Going to be a little while before I can even get started on it. Have to finish a big fabricating project first. I then I might have to have another spine surgery, which I will find more out about this coming Tuesday. Too many things to get done; too little time.

What is the range of drills and and end mills you can sharpen?
Any pics?
drill bits about 3/16 is as small as I like to go, but I have another sharpener I made that goes down to 1/16 ok. Up to 1 1/4 is as large as ive done but I think it could go some larger, I just haven't don't have any that big. End mills I have done 1 inch and down to 3/8, don't try anything smaller because of setup time vs cost of new. Length of 4 inch but could do a little longer.
PICT0008.JPG
PICT0009.JPG

... I recently built a air bearing head for mine because, as others have already stated, to do good work on flutes you need to be able to feed very smoothly. Let me know if I can provide more information == Jack

Was the air bearing head design included in the ACTO plans or is it your own design? Either way I’d be interested in hearing more details please! Maybe we should start a separate thread though.

Mal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was Jack's own design because it is not included in the Atco plans. A continuation of Jack's thread that I link above would be better than another thread, or you can continue here, either way. ;)

Back