Who Can Identify This Tool ?? ( I Know What It Is )

What's the prize ???

Take your pick ! My basement floor is full of them .

IMG_6110.JPG

Ok, I got here to late, but I would not have gotten that one. But if you decide you do not want some of that pile in the floor, I will take the knurling tool. That looks like a fun evening going through things. Some of it looks to be old style stuff that will prob outlast anything made today.

This was 2 small Igloo coolers that I just dumped . I only have about 6 more large coolers , 8 large totes , 4 60" Vidmars and 4 rollarounds to go . All of this will be leaving my premises ....................one way or the other .

You are da Man !!

Here we go again . I am clueless as to the name or usage of these . I found quite a few in a drawer , different lengths with different size balls . I thought maybe an old old old time edge finding set for large drill chucks ???? Maybe I'm staring at other parts that go with them and don't know it . Someone here HAS to know .

IMG_6137.JPG

Last edited:
When creating a pattern for casting metal you put a fillet of leather in the corners. It looks like the tools to press those fillets into place.

I think they are called, by some, fillet balls:

pattern3.jpg

pattern3.jpg

pattern3.jpg

pattern3.jpg

pattern3.jpg

pattern3.jpg

Welp , I would never had guessed that in a million years , but that could possibly make sense . My stepdad was a pattern maker years ago . I have a set of shrink scales that I know came from him that messed me up measuring years ago . How was I suppose to know what a shrink scale was ?? Ha ! At least I have an idea now . Thanks Omni !

So NOW I have to a find a pattern maker without a set of balls I guess ? ( that just didn't sound right )

Yep , that is them !

Last edited:
Back