Who Makes The Best Co-ax Indicator?

...dial in the work, then raise the table to the spindle again...and if there's any error in the ways?
Then it is time to refurbish or buy a new machine.... kind of one of the entering reasons for existence on a mill is I can crank the z-axis without affecting the X & Y positioning...

I have two Michael Deckel "Centricator" models, the full CIII and the small C0.
I guess they do the same job, just more German and expensive. The C0 especially, doesn't take up much headroom, sitting in a direct SK40 collet, which is inside the spindle.
And last, a "Diacator" from Diatest.

Centri1.JPG
The CIII.

Billede 753.jpg
The C0.

Diacator.jpg
And finally, the Diacator.

Another way of centering:

20131202_210913.jpg

A Hensoldt Wetzlar centering microscope....

Cheers
Erik

Blake is the way to go, that being said they are not as accurate as a test indicator. Also keep in mind the longer stem you use the more error you will get. We use them often where I work and they are very convenient. We are starting to phase them out as our newer mills have the renishaw probes.

I got this last Christmas and got a chance to use it for the first time. Quick and easy to center up the work piece.
Its a Blake.
fullsizeoutput_538.jpeg IMG_0540.JPG

I have a Blake. Some others have said that their Chinese knock offs work o.k.,but I've heard so many bad stories about the knock offs,I'm glad to have the Blake. It is the quickest tool to center up stuff in the mill.

My Clausing table saw from 1963(first decent machine I ever bought) has a 3/4" arbor. Every time I buy a new blade,I have to center up the 5/8" hole and bore it out to 3/4". Back in the 60's,blades came with a little knock out bushing. Not now. I have a small boring head that I just leave with a carbide cutter in it. That and the Blake are the quickest way I have to resize the holes.

blake I have used some of the cheaper ones they were rough bill

Back