Whos got a PM-727m that can help me on a wiring snafu?

Replaced harness with 14/5 seoo cable, move terminals from center and right on terminal block to left and right sides since left side wasn't being used and center was melted out. Both directions work now, runs well. I'm not sure how that all melted so bad, considering adding a fan to that wiring junction box just to add some air flow. I am curious how much help PM will be sourcing parts.

Navaron: The U1/U2 swap is not a big deal, all it would do worst case is swap the forward/reverse action of the directional switch.
The teminal block looks melted; if it is it's not ceramic but some type of thermoplastic. The connections probably vibrated loose and started heating up
Mark

Last edited:
My 727 did that under warranty. Burned one of the wires back into the motor. Matt sent a motor when all I asked for was the terminal block. I seem to remember asking if I could just get the block and I think he said no. I also looked around for one and had no luck.

Mark, I agree. In effect it’s not a big deal once the user came to grips why “left” wouldn’t allow for milling. I’m just surprised as I went went PM because they seemed a few steps up from most Chinese made equipment. Tell me how that got through q.c.....
Tweinke, yeah I can’t find an exact unit, but again, it just connects wires...I could actually just solder the wires together, but I’ll probably end up with something that works...maybe from the Doc here!

Received the new terminal block from PM....n/c. That was much appreciated from those guys, helping get this mill back into top top shape. Thank everyone for your input. Again, thanks Doc for the offer!

Back