Why are halogen gooseneck lights so expensive?

Yep, shows they're in stock locally, but not available online? Bummer. Guess I'll have to head to E. Palo Alto. Wish me luck!:gangster:

I was able to find 5 white ones. Now I just need to get time to get them out of the box and set up!

Does a single one put enough light where you want it?

Does a single one put enough light where you want it?
They are amazingly (surprisingly) bright and effective. I've used one on my drill press and will add two to my bench grinder. I've got one as a spot light on my lathe, and another one on my wood bandsaw. Well worth the $10. I actually like them better than the $50 one I got from Highland Woodworking because the goosenecks are more rigid and the lamps are lighter so they actually stay in place.

Last edited:
I checked those Jansjo Ikea lights out and wasn't impressed. As for halogens, no thanks. My G4003G's halogen light got so hot the other week it burned the outer plastic hood and switch. I'm gonna retrofit it with a 12V LED. Less heat and same light output. You can't go wrong with LEDs for lighting up the work.

But a Jansjo light is an LED. Only 88 lux/ 2 watts though apparently. They do have one that is 3 watts that looks better, 39 dollars though and not available online, only in store.
Mark S.

But a Jansjo light is an LED. Only 88 lux/ 2 watts though apparently. They do have one that is 3 watts that looks better, 39 dollars though and not available online, only in store.
Mark S.
Mark,
I was skeptical, but they actually do a pretty good job putting light where I want it. Pretty amazing for how puny they are.
Evan

Back