Why Did You Choose Your Username And Avatar?

vtcnc because I'm a born and raised Vermonter. CNC for obvious reasons. One thing led to another....

One of my favorite writers on the topics of reason, logic and law is Lysander Spooner, well known for his views on government and a big influence on those who subscribe to peaceful anarchy or voluntarism. The "V is for Voluntary" avatar is a message of peace and love to achieve liberty rather than coercion and violence.

I've enjoyed reading all the explanation behind everybody's avatar ,mine is Popeye saying what he always sez I yam what I yam and that reminds me that I'm not as good or bad as I tell my self just an averidge guy (keeps my ego in check). Rick

The 682 comes from my old Beretta 682 Gold stack barrel shotgun that I shot sporting clays with for years ( I shoot a Krieghoff K80 now)... and Bear because it is my nickname among my sporting clays friends ( because I am a large, 'bearish' guy)... it is also the first 4 letters of my last name (Bearden).

-Bear

I always thought it was a type of cake??
Cheers Phil

It is, and very tasty as well. Soaked in rum syrup.
savarin_with_chantilly_30509_16x9.jpg
named after Brillat Savarin in actual fact he was a lawyer and more a gastronome than chef but he is more remembered for his quotes such as
Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are.
The discovery of a new dish confers more happiness on humanity, than the discovery of a new star.
A dessert without cheese is like a beautiful woman with only one eye.

to state but a few.

Back