Why Did You Choose Your Username And Avatar?

Martin W is my name Martin William. My avatar is my 1988 Peterbilt. I am into old and antique trucks and equipment. I have always had an old truck since I was 20 years old or so. 1948 White WA14, 1966 GMC wrecker, 1968 International 2000D, 1978 International S model with 29 foot tandem trailer, 1948 Oshkosh snow plow.
Martin W

My user name is a contraction of my first name and first four letters of my last name (there are ten more that aren't there) and my avatar is good old me. No, I am not a civil war re-enactor. The photo was taken at my niece's wedding where they had a camera set up on a tripod. There was a box full of hats there, all different kinds of hats. The idea was to put on a hat from the box, then stand in front of the camera and take your own photo using a remote for the camera. My niece tells me that it is her favorite photo of my wife and I. Obviously, I cropped the photo for use here.

My user name is a contraction of my first name and first four letters of my last name (there are ten more that aren't there) and my avatar is good old me. No, I am not a civil war re-enactor. The photo was taken at my niece's wedding where they had a camera set up on a tripod. There was a box full of hats there, all different kinds of hats. The idea was to put on a hat from the box, then stand in front of the camera and take your own photo using a remote for the camera. My niece tells me that it is her favorite photo of my wife and I. Obviously, I cropped the photo for use here.
What hat did she wear?

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

My avatar is my 34 Ford 3 window coupe. Ford called it the Model 40 ( both 33 and 34 are the model 40)
So.. 34_40.

I had a '33 Ford 3 window in '77. I really miss that car.

I chose aametalmaster as when I first got online in 2000 I wanted metalmaster for ebay, but it was taken so I added the aa. Then I started using it for all of my forums I joined. My avatar is the dual pulley I make for the South Bend 9" and 10L lathes...Bob

Well some of us here are old enough to remember that MISTER ED was a talking horse on TV. Since my first name is Ed, many of the folks at work call me Mister Ed. I do think they were referring to only the back half of the horse though.:rolleyes:

As far as avatar ... well I guess for some reason I have never bothered with that here ... maybe I will change that.

Well there ... finally an avatar for me. I mess around with restoring old farm windmills. It was because of this hobby that led me to purchasing a Logan lathe, followed by countless other metal working tools ... both large and small.

Last edited:
First, great topic and happy new year to everyone.

Ridjobradi is red beard in Serbo-Croatian. I worked and lived in the Balkans for a while. My friends in the Balkans started calling me Ridjobradi and it stuck. I am big guy and have red hair and red beard.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Back