• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• As some of you know, I have wanted to stop managing H-M for some time. It's a tremendous strain on my personal life. I want to set up my own shop. In September, September 15, to be exact, it will be 8 years that Hobby-Machinist has been in existence.

I have been training VTCNC to run things here. Dabbler is going to learn too. I feel that they are ready to start taking over the operation. I will be here to help in case they need, but I don't think they will. Tony Wells is and will be here also to consult with. I will be doing backups, upgrades, and installing addons. Other than that, I will not be around. I am leaving this place in good operating condition, and financial condition.
    --Nelson
[4]

Why Do We Post Lists Of Our Donors?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson

Site Founder
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
As a not-for-profit, donors are entitled to see their donations.
This site is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3). All donations are listed in this forum.
All expenses must be accounted for. All donations are tax-deductible.
Not a dime of what you donate goes into my pocket, or anyone else's.
There are no secrets here. The donations are listed in this forum for all to see.

There is also something else.
Other sites have a "donate" link like we do.
But what happens to that money is never stated. It's a big secret. (Shhh! Don't tell LOL)
We strongly suspect that any excess, which could be significant, goes quietly and surreptitiously into the pocket of the site owner.

Maybe it covers expenses and maybe there is a little extra for him to keep. Who knows? You don't. You never see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[6]
[5] [7]